Home Home   | Related LinksRelated Links  | RTIRTI  | FAQFAQ  | ContactsContacts  | site map Site Map  | webmailICFRE WebMail  | citizen charterCitizen Charter  | hindi websiteHindi Site 
search
Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education

Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education
(An Autonomous Body of Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Government of India)

Select Theme:
new Photographs of World Environment Day 2017 Celebration

Home» Institutes »CSFER Allahabad

Centre for Social Forestry and Eco-Rehabilitation Allahabad

Centre for Social Forestry and Eco-Rehabilitation (CSFER), Allahabad was established in October 1992 as an advanced centre under the umbrella of ICFRE, Dehradun.

The Centre aims to nurture and cultivate professional excellence in the field of social forestry and eco-rehabilitation in Eastern Uttar Pradesh, North Bihar and Vindhya Region of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. The important research activities of this Centre are in the field of Planting Stock Improvement Programme (PSIP); Wasteland reclamation; Development of Agroforestry Models; Reclamation of mined areas through Afforestation; Productivity of Ecosystem; Studies on  Medicinal plants etc.      more.........

 


Director's Message

-

Shri Amit Pandey

Director

It gives me immense pleasure to welcome you to the official webpage of Centre for Social Forestry and Eco-Rehabilitation (CSFER), Allahabad. Social Forestry is an integrated approach of using the interactive benefits from combining trees and shrubs with crops. It combines agriculture and forest technologies to create more diverse, productive, healthy and sustainable land use system. Our country has 20% forest land and remaining 80% land is non forest. Social Forestry is only means to regenerate and protect existing forests  by increasing tree cover on non forest lands by meeting requirement of people regarding different forest produce. Social Forestry reduces poverty through increased production and contributes to food security by restoring farm soil fertility.

I hope, the information given in the webpage will be of great help to the viewers. Suggestions for improving the website are welcome.

 

Facilities

Outreach

Contacts

 
PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN

Completed Projects

     

Continued Projects

     

New Project Initiated

     
Externally Aided

Completed Projects

     

Continued Projects

     

Project Initiated

     

 

Name

Designation Tel. Office Tel. Res. E-Mail

Shri Amit Pandey

Director, CSFER, Allahabad

0532-2440795 (Fax), 0532-2440796 

0532-

dir_csfer@icfre.org

 

 

Disclaimer : All efforts have been made to make the information shown as accurate as possible. The Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) will not be responsible for any loss to any person caused by inaccuracy in the information available on this website. Any discrepancy found may be brought to the notice of ICFRE head_it@icfre.org